THOUGHT LEADERS MASTER SERIES
2nd Annual Hudson Valley EDs & MEDs Summit:
Room to Grow
Join the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corp., as we bring together a panel of leaders and experts from regional colleges and universities, health care organizations, home health care agencies and related industries. The panel will explore the challenges and opportunities surrounding the growth of higher education and health care in the Hudson Valley region, as the industry – lead by cutting-edge technology – moves from the classroom to the operating room to the living room to the bedroom.
Michael Dunn, Senior Vice President of Innovation Development at Georgia-Pacific LLC, is responsible for envisioning, building, and driving demand creation strategies on innovation, products, services and programs for all the segments and channels Georgia-Pacific serves. He believes that “predictive analysis” will be the wave of the future with companies mashing data to come up with ways to alert the public to health outbreaks or predict consumer needs in advance.
Headquarters in Atlanta, GA, Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals.
• Joseph DiCarlo, MBA, Senior Vice President and Director of Human Resources at WESTMED Practice Partners
• Pamela Edington, EdD, President at SUNY Dutchess
• Virginia Feldman, MD, CEO and Co-Founder at Nexus Health Resources
• Mary Gadomski, Director of Business Development at Visiting Nurse Services in Westchester
• June Keenan, MS, MPH, Senior Vice President and Executive Director at the Center for Regional Healthcare Innovation at WMCHealth
• Hal Teitelbaum, MD, JD, MBA, CEO and Managing Partner for Crytal Run Healthcare
• Robert Friedberg, President and CEO of Health Quest
• Kathleen S. Lill, MS, PA-C, Director of Marist’s Physician Assistant Program
• Sylvia McTigue, President and CEO at EverCare
• Kenneth Steier, DO, Executive Dean and Chief Academic Officer at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York
• Kristine Young, EdD, President at SUNY Orange
• Marist College
• Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
• LeChase Construction
• Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
• Crystal Run Health
• Health Quest
• Tompkins Mahopac Bank
• WESTMED Medical Group
• Lightower Fiber Networks
• Th!nk Dutchess
• Orange Bank & Trust Company
• Adelphi University
• SUNY Orange
• Dutchess Community College
• Rockland Community College
• SUNY Sullivan
• SUNY Ulster
• Westchester Community College
• Hudson Valley Educational Consortium
• Today Media
• Pamal Broadcasting
• Townsquare Media
BioInc@NYMC, Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation and The Innovation Alliance are hosting a forum discussion for New York’s biomedical technology community, policymakers and business leaders. Hear from experts on how to grow and support innovation in New York.
Please RSVP by February 8, 2017 to:
Lunch & Light Refreshments Will Be Provided
Please join ACG New York for our Biotech Breakfast. Our panel is comprised of experts who represent both the operating company and funding side of today’s rapidly evolving biotechnology industry. We expect to have a lively and interactive debate over the current status of biotech financing as well as what the future may have in store. Are we continuing with cyclical boom-and-bust phenomenon that has traditionally characterized the industry, or is a sea-change afoot regarding the available sources of capital and the types of companies that can successfully attract investment? We look forward to a morning of valuable discussions and productive networking.
Moderator, John Lieberman, Managing Director, Perelson Weiner LLP
Barry Kappel, Ph.D., President, CEO and Director, Sapience Therapeutics
7:30am – 8:00am – Breakfast/Networking
8:00am – 8:15am – Introductions
8:15am – 9:15am – Program followed by Q&A
9:15am – 9:30am – Additional Networking
PRICING: $85 – Member/$100 – Non-Member
UVANY‘s 2017 Annual Celebration, featuring Upstate New York investors, entrepreneurs, later stage company executives, and Mary Stuart Masterson on growing the Upstate film/media industry.
First, we’ll honor winners of the Most Interesting Deals of 2016 done across New York state, including seed, venture and private equity investments. Then, Mary Stuart will talk about her work building the film/tv/media production industry upstate.
- Celebrate Investment Successes. Company executives and investors will highlight key investments made in 2016, including the newly launched
- Hear from Mary Stuart Masterson. She will share her vision for Stockade Works, growing the film/tv/media production industry in Upstate New York in 2017
- Make Connections. Network with angel, venture and private equity investors, service providers, company executives and entrepreneurs from across the state
5:00 Registration and networking
5:30 UVANY Welcome & MSMC President Dr. David Kennett
5:45 2016 Awards + Company/Investor Presentations
6:15 Mary Stuart Masterson, Stockade Works
Stay tuned for details on the investors and companies that are in the running for Most Interesting Deals of 2016!
If you have questions, please contact UVANY.
3rd Annual Hospitality Educational Summit – Best Practice Management Strategies for Hospitality Leadership
The 3rd Annual Hospitality Educational Summit was developed by and for area hospitality business leaders and managers to join with their colleagues to learn about industry trends and engage in discussions about best practices. The program will feature distinguished industry speakers, workshops on trending topics, and networking opportunities with hospitality executives, managers and sponsors.
The 2016 Hospitality Educational Summit will feature a powerful keynote address by Dr. Russell Zwanka, professor at State University of New York at New Paltz, School of Business-Food Marketing, and a presentation of the second annual Hospitality Scholarship Award.
Immediately following the program, attendees will gather for a beer tasting and culinary demonstration featuring Yonkers Brewing Company and the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation’s Bet on Your Business Academy.
Cost: $75 per person
Matching New York State Manufacturers to Resources
Open to food and beverage related industry attendees
– Food entreprenuers wanting to launch a food product
– Small food manufacturers/processors who want to grow their businesses
– Small-medium sized manufacturers supplying products to the food industry that have manufacturing or technology needs
– Food scientists, technicians and product developers
Register on FuzeHub.com
Crafting your business success with industry-specific educational and networking opportunities!
Featuring Keynote Speaker Charles Merinoff, principal founder and co-chairman of Breakthru Beverage Group
RSVP at hvbwscsummit2016.eventbrite.com
Sponsored by (as of July 20):
The Culinary Institute of America
Hospitality Resource Group, Inc.
Bellefield at Historic Hyde Park
Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, PC
Corrigan, Baker & Levine LLC
BreakThru Beverage Group
Orange & Rockland
Pentegra Retirement Services
Pamal Broadcasting Ltd.
Join the largest gathering of executives and senior leaders from New York State’s bioscience and medical technology (Bio/Med) industry for MEDTECH 2016 “Innovation Impact: Keeping New York’s Finger on the Pulse.”
Change remains constant for the bioscience and medical technology (Bio/Med) industry. Stakeholders are consistently making real-time adjustments to established plans to maintain the slightest competitive differentiation. New York companies are at the forefront of innovation in this ever-evolving healthcare system. Topics like the fluctuating international market, user experience and building a multi-generational workforce continue to influence how companies innovate. With the upcoming Presidential election, healthcare again takes center stage. While the outcome of the election remains unknown, New York must continue to keep its finger on the pulse or risk being left behind.
Discover first-hand how to effectively innovate and what the upcoming election means to the Bio/Med industry through:
- thought-provoking keynotes from industry leaders and political analysts;
- interactive panel discussions, including an exclusive Collaboration & Growth Track;
- and opportunities for networking and partnerships featuring a Tech Showcase.
Join the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corp., as we explore the region’s entrepreneurial landscape with a diverse panel of experts – the entrepreneurs themselves. From beers to bytes, and from jeans to genes, meet the future of our economy.
During the 2012 presidential election, political consultants earned over $500 million across the nation advising candidates on everything from media and fundraising to digital outreach and direct mail. In 2016, that number may exceed $1 billion.
Join the HVEDC and the BCW for a rare peek behind the curtain with some of the region’s most powerful pundits and practitioners, as we learn about the fascinating inner workings of political campaigns and what it takes – both time and money – to win.
- Evan Stavisky, Partner, The Parkside Group
- Bill O’Reilly, Partner, The November Team
- Tim Bishop, Former U.S. Congressman and Professor of Civic Engagement and Public Service at St. Joseph’s College
John Ravitz, Executive Vice President, BCW
Larry Gottlieb, President & CEO, HVEDC
Admission is $25